Covid-19 is not over yet. Below you may find the updated version of the ESAVS Hygiene Rules and Regulations.
We plan and organize our courses as residential events adjusting to and closely following the rules of the host country at the time of planning. While doing this, we will carefully adapt according to changing situations and make sure that you, as participants, as well as course masters or co-operation partners, will have the best possible coverage in terms of health, safety and disease prevention.
For any courses organized by ESAVS, we will ask you to perform a Covid-19 Antigen test, provided by ESAVS, daily at the course.
A positive result of the Covid-19 Antigen test excludes participants from physical participation to the course by default.
For this reason, we strongly recommend all participants to perform a Covid-19 test at home within the 72 hours prior to the course start. If the result would be positive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check whether other options of participation are possible.
ESAVS has carefully looked at the scientific evaluation about risks of disease transmission. Locally we will strictly follow the rules for distancing, disinfection and test status. We have established our own special hygiene plan for the upcoming months to give all of us, participants, course masters as well as co-operation partners, the best possible security in terms of prevention of possible transmission. We want all of you to feel safe, have a wonderful learning experience, and travel home without doubts about health risks. Thus, we will provide you with our special housekeeping rules as well as a complimentary hygiene package (FFP2 masks and antigen tests) to make sure there will be no lack of hygienic supplies.
We take every concern very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.
ESAVS Hygiene plan at courses
ESAVS understands that distancing, hand hygiene and masks whenever distance cannot be kept, are crucial to prevent infections. Thus, ESAVS will provide a hygiene kit to each participant that will contain an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, a set of masks and antigen tests to be performed daily at the course.
Please note, persons with symptoms of infections (coughing, sneezing, etc.) must wear an FFP2 mask during the whole event even if they have a negative Covid-19 test.
Positive result of Covid-19 test excludes participants from physical participation to the course by default. If you test positive, please contact ESAVS at email@example.com to check whether other options of participation are possible.
Please avoid sickness or Covid-19 infection prior to our courses, as the risk of being excluded from the residential event will not be covered by the ESAVS. It is therefore advisory to have a valid travel insurance policy, which would cover these and other risks.
ESAVS understands that distancing, hand hygiene and masks whenever distance cannot be kept are crucial to prevent infections. Thus, ESAVS will provide a hygiene kit to each participant that will contain an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, a set of masks and antigen tests.
We ask you to:
1. Always maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters from all other people.
2. Wash your hands for at least 30 seconds frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible. Hands should be washed:
– Before and after eating
– Before and after touching your face
– After using the toilet
– Before and after touching your face mask
– After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
3. Wear masks whenever 1.5 m cannot be maintained to help contain the spread of exhaled droplets. If you must cough or sneeze, do so in the crook of your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of any tissues immediately after use and wash hands thoroughly.
4. Wear an FFP2 mask if you experience any symptoms of illness including cough, fever, headache, etc. even if your Covid-19 test is negative, and abstain from the course when your Covid-19 test is positive. Please inform ESAVS immediately about a positive Covid-19 test so our office may check other options of your participation to the event (i.e. remote attendance whenever possible) or if we can assist you in another way.
5. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as this can spread infection.
6. I agree to wear all provided personal protective equipment (PPE) including facemasks, disposable gowns, gloves, and will perform antigen tests on a daily basis from the first day of the course onwards, as they are offered by the ESAVS.
7. I agree to be tested for Covid-19 daily during the course.
What if there is a mandatory quarantine in the host country for my course?
If, 6 weeks before the start of the course, there is a quarantine for entry, then we will cancel the course. This will be handled free of charge for the participant.
How do I get tested for the course?
For all courses with residential participation, we will request all participants to perform a daily antigen test, provided by ESAVS. In order to comply, please be present at the course early enough to perform the test together with other participants before entering the lecture / wet lab room. We strongly recommend all participants to perform a Covid-19 test at home within the 72 hours prior to the course start. Please note that a positive test result excludes participants from physical participation to the course by default.
I will be placed in quarantine on my return to my country. What should I do?
In this case, you will need to make a decision based on your own special circumstances. If you are not able to work in a home office upon your return, you must decide whether a course at a later date would be more appropriate for you.