Due to pandemic the ESAVS has to install special precautions defined in our Hygiene Rules (https://www.esavs.eu/hygiene-rules-courses/ ) which are being updated depending on the international situation. Furthermore, as different regulations apply in different countries, the country-specific requirements are being communicated to participants as a “Declaration of Compliance” via e-mail.
ESAVS Terms and Conditions
The ESAVS reserve the right at all times to change, amend, add or remove any of the terms without prior notice. These Terms and Conditions apply to all clients and cooperation partners.
ESAVS offers different services and depending on your booking, registration or purchase order, you may be confronted with various types of fees:
- Tuition Fee or Registration Feeto a course includes the participation in the course, lunch / coffee breaks (at residential events) and access to course materials. The tuition fee does not include accommodation or any types of travel costs. For further details, please refer to our payment and cancellation policy.
- Deposit or Partial Payment (350 Euro) is an agreed amount required to hold a place in the course (reservation) for a limited period in time. This initial payment has to be balanced in due time (remaining payment has to be made) in order to complete the registration. Please view our payment and cancellation policy.
- Fees connected to Master & Certificate Programs:
- Annual Subscription to eLibrary– For an annual fee of 65 Euros, ESAVS course participants and students enrolled in the ESAVS Master or Certificate Programs may purchase access to eLibrary containing 28 veterinary journals and their archives. The access will be activated within 5 working days upon receipt of the payment. This fee is non-refundable. In order to use this service, authorized users have to get acquainted with the technical requirements and adhere to instructions provided in the respective area of the ESAVS website. The subscription fee does not cover ESAVS’ installation services, should such be required in order to gain access to eLibrary. All settings have to be performed by users individually.
- Only authorized users are permitted to use eCampus or eLibrary. Sharing access to eCampus or eLibrary is not permitted. Disregarding this rule may result in blocking the account of the user without refund.
- Extra Operational Fee in some cases when attendees to the ESAVS events are non-compliant with rules defined in these Terms and Conditions, an extra fee may incur to enable an exceptional arrangement with a participant. In those extraordinary situations, whenever accepted by ESAVS, an extra operational fee may be applied in addition to the registration fee, which may amount to 30% – 50% of the late registration fee. This fee is non-refundable.
– – The program application fee is a one-time fee incurred upon application for a Master or Certificate Program. This fee is non-refundable.
– Bi-annual registration fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students per semester to cover the enrolment fees of the University of Luxembourg and ESAVS administrative costs. These fees are non-refundable.
– Examination fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students in order to sit course examinations. For each examination, a separate fee applies. These fees are non-refundable.
– Evaluation fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students to cover evaluation of all written assignments. Certificate Program students pay a one-time fee for the evaluation of their case log. Master program students pay a lump-sum fee per semester for the evaluation of their case logs, case reports and Master thesis. These fees are non-refundable.
– Re-submission fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate students in case of submitting further written assignments for failed modules.
– A penalty for unauthorized program interruption is incurred upon re-enrolment after an unauthorized interruption in study time (skipped semester/s) due to missed/late payments or missing documents, to cover the additional administrative work.
Bookings, Registrations and Payments
- All fees must be paid in full in advance, according to the deadlines provided on the ESAVS website (see information below and on respective course pages or on pages corresponding to the offered services i.e. Master and Certificate Programs, eLibrary, etc.).
- We accept payments by credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), PayPal and bank transfers. Please note that all transfer charges must be met by the sender.
- Applications for courses are registered according to the order in which full payment of the tuition fee is received, as the number of participants per course is limited.
- The ESAVS reserves the right to decline a registration without further explanation.
- To reserve a place in the course, a deposit or partial payment is required within 10 days of the booking order confirmation by the ESAVS via e-mail. If payment is not received by the ESAVS within the defined time frame, the reservation will be automatically cancelled without further notice.
- The remaining balance of the tuition fee is due prior to the course start date, 12 weeks (84 days) at the latest. The reservation and the deposit will be lost if the full amount has not been paid within the stated period.
If you have not received a confirmation from the ESAVS via e-mail regarding your booking or registration, please contact our office: firstname.lastname@example.org as non-confirmed bookings or registrations are invalid.
Please note due to the pandemic situation, the ESAVS endeavours to respond as flexibly as possible to accommodate participants’ requests when offering the course format and locations, as well as dealing with participants enquiries. Please contact our office immediately, whenever you know that due to the pandemic situation your participation to the course may be impaired, otherwise the standard cancellation policy applies.
Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
• In the event of a cancellation received less than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the course start date, a no-show situation or a cancellation during the course, no refunds will be granted.
• In the event of a cancellation received between 12 to 8 weeks (84-56 days) prior to the course, the ESAVS reserves the right to retain 50% of the payment received.
• Cancellations made more than 12 weeks (more than 84 days) before the course start date will receive a full refund minus €300 administrative costs.
• Fees cannot be transferred to another course or refunded for either cash or goods, unless a separate agreement with the ESAVS office has been made. This may incur an administrative charge (€300).
• Tuition fees will be fully reimbursed if a course is cancelled by the ESAVS. No further claim can be raised thereafter. This means that the ESAVS refunds only tuition fees and does not reimburse expenses for travel arrangements made by participants.
• Tuition fees will not be refunded if a participant is registered to a combined (partially residential, partially online) or purely online event if the participant has accessed the respective eCampus course.
• The annual enrolment fees and examination fees for the Master or Certificate Program are non-refundable.
• The course material purchase fee is non-refundable.
• The eLibrary subscription fee is non-refundable.
• The ESAVS does not provide refunds for payments made to third parties (hotels, airlines, transportation industry, etc.).
• The ESAVS recommends that participants purchase travel insurance to cover costs arising from unexpected events such as sickness, strikes or other circumstances that may prevent the participant from arriving at the course. Please check conditions with your insurance company.
• ESAVS manages online lectures in the same way as residential lectures. Participants are required to attend all lectures unless previously stated otherwise. Missed lectures cannot be offered at any other timepoint, and participants are expected to attend all live lectures without exception.
• The ESAVS does not provide individual insurance for participants. Participants of the ESAVS courses are required to have valid health insurance or another suitable travel insurance policy. Furthermore, participants enrolled in the ESAVS Certificate and/or Master programs should have a valid social security number or similar document in their country of employment.
• Payment of the deposit / tuition fee confirms that the applicant understands and agrees to the above Terms and Conditions.
• All ESAVS course dates, locations and structure are subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to the courses starting. The ESAVS does not accept responsibility for monetary loss paid by participants to other organisations.
• Request for duplicates or lost certificates etc. will incur a €50 charge.
• All material the ESAVS offers for its courses (including course notes, distance learning material etc. prepared by the course masters) is, unless otherwise stated, the property of the European School for Advanced Veterinary Studies and the respective course masters.
• Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect these materials.
• Reproduction or transmission of the materials, in the whole, in part or in any manner is not permitted without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
• Participants may not distribute any copies to third parties, whether or not in electronic form, for a charge or other consideration, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials.
• Any infringement of the above is a violation of copyright law and will result in the exclusion from all future ESAVS courses without any refund – and further prosecution will follow.
Contact information for permission requests to reproduce or distribute materials available through ESAVS courses is: ESAVS Contact, Schadtengasse 2, 55765 Birkenfeld, Germany.
Please review this page for any changes and updates.
(Last update: 21 July 2021)