ESAVS Terms and Conditions
The ESAVS reserve the right at all times to change, amend, add or remove any of the terms without prior notice. These Terms and Conditions apply to all clients and cooperation partners.
ESAVS offers different services and depending on your booking, registration or purchase order you may be confronted with various types of fees:
- Tuition Fee or Registration Fee to a course includes the participation in the course, lunch / coffee breaks and course notes. The Tuition Fee does not include accommodation or any types of travel costs. For further details, please refer to our payment and cancellation policy.
- Deposit or Partial Payment (350 Euro) is an agreed amount required to hold a place in the course (reservation) for a limited period in time. This initial payment has to be balanced in due time (remaining payment has to be done) in order to complete the registration. Please view our payment and cancellation policy.
- Fees connected to Master & Certificate Programs:
- Course Notes Fees – in some cases, additional access to course notes might be provided for an additional charge. Please note, that this fee is non-refundable.
- Extra Operational Fee – in some cases when attendees to the ESAVS events are non-compliant with rules defined in these Terms and Conditions, an extra fee may incur to enable an exceptional arrangement with a participant. In those extraordinary situations, whenever accepted by ESAVS, an extra operational fee may be applied in addition to the registration fee, which may amount to 30% – 50% of the late registration fee. This fee is non-refundable.
– Program application fee is a one-time fee incurred upon application for a Master or Certificate Program. This fee is non-refundable.
– Bi-annual registration fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students per semester to cover the enrolment fees of the University of Luxembourg and ESAVS administrative costs. These fees are non-refundable.
– Examination fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students in order to sit course examinations. For each examination, a separate fee applies. These fees are non-refundable.
– Evaluation fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate Program students to cover evaluation of all written assignments. Certificate Program students pay a one-time fee for the evaluation of their case log. Master program students pay a lump-sum fee per semester for the evaluation of their case logs, case reports and Master thesis. These fees are non-refundable.
– Re-submission fees are to be paid by Master and Certificate students in case of submitting further written assignments failed modules
– A penalty for unauthorized program interruption is incurred upon re-enrolment after an unauthorized interruption in study time (skipped semester/s) due to missed/late payments or missing documents, to cover the additional administrative work.
Bookings, Registrations and Payments
- All fees must be paid in full in advance, according to the deadlines provided on the ESAVS website (see information below and on the respective course pages).
- We accept payments by credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), PayPal and bank transfers. Please note that all transfer charges must be met by the sender.
- Applications for courses are registered according to the order in which full payment of the tuition fee is received, as the number of participants per course is limited.
- The ESAVS reserves the right to decline a registration without further explanation.
- To reserve a place in the course a deposit or partial payment is required within 10 days after the booking order has been made and confirmed by the ESAVS via e-mail. If payment is not received by the ESAVS within the defined time frame, a reservation will be automatically cancelled without further notice.
- The remaining balance of the tuition fee is due prior to the course start date, 12 weeks (84 days) at the latest. The reservation and the deposit will be lost if the full amount has not been paid within the stated period.
- Early registration with full payment will be rewarded with €100 discount off the regular tuition fee which must be paid in full within the deadlines stated in the ESAVS Annual Brochure and/or on the respective course pages.
If you have not received any confirmation from the ESAVS via e-mail regarding your booking or registration, please contact our office: firstname.lastname@example.org as non-confirmed bookings or registrations are invalid.
Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- Any participant wishing to cancel their booking must notify the ESAVS in writing.
- In the event of a cancellation received less than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the course start date, a no-show situation or a cancellation during the course, no refunds will be granted.
- In the event of a cancellation received between 12 to 8 weeks (84-56 days) prior to the course, the ESAVS reserves the right to retain 50% of the payment received.
- Cancellations made more than 12 weeks (more than 84 days) before the course start date will receive a full refund minus €300 administrative costs.
- Fees cannot be transferred to another course or refunded for either cash or goods, unless a separate agreement with the ESAVS office has been made. This may incur an administrative charge (€300).
- Tuition fees will be fully reimbursed if a course is cancelled by the ESAVS. No further claim can be raised thereafter. This means that the ESAVS refunds only tuitions fees and does not reimburse expenses for travel arrangements made by participants.
- The annual enrolment fees and examination fees for the Master or Certificate Program are non-refundable.
- The course notes purchase fee is non-refundable.
- The ESAVS does not provide refunds for payments made to third parties (hotels, airlines, transportation industry, etc.).
- The ESAVS strongly recommends the purchase of a travel insurance, when registering for a course and making travel arrangements. Travel insurance can cover the cost of your travel expenses in the event of a last minute cancellation or emergency such as sickness, strikes or other circumstances that may prevent the participant from attending the course.
- Missed lectures will no be offered and cannot be taken at another time.
- The ESAVS does not provide individual insurance for participants. Participants of the ESAVS courses are required to hold a valid health insurance or any other travel insurance policy. Furthermore, participants enrolled for the ESAVS Certificate and/or Master programs should have a valid social security number or similar document in their country of employment.
- Payment of the deposit / tuition fee confirms that the applicant understands and agrees to the above Terms and Conditions.
- All ESAVS course dates, locations and structure are subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to the courses starting. The ESAVS does not accept responsibility for monetary loss paid by participants to other organisations.
- Request for duplicates or lost certificates etc. will incur a €50 charge.
- All material the ESAVS offers for its courses (including course notes, distance learning material etc. prepared by the course masters) is, unless otherwise stated, the property of the European School for Advanced Veterinary Studies and the respective course masters.
- Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect these materials.
- Reproduction or transmission of the materials, in whole or in part and in any manner, is not permitted without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
- Participants may not distribute any copies to third parties, whether or not in electronic, whether or not for a charge or other consideration, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials.
- Any infringement of the above is a violation of copyright law and will result to exclusion of all future ESAVS courses without any refund – and will be prosecuted criminally.Contact information for permission requests to reproduce or distribute materials available through ESAVS courses is:
Please review this page for any changes and updates.
(Last update: 2 January 2019)